- As the decade comes to a close, it’s worth looking at how far the biggest names in tech have come.
- Some of today’s tech leaders, like Apple’s Tim Cook, were not yet CEOs of the companies they now lead.
- Meanwhile, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg had just been named TIME’s person of the year.
- See what 13 of the biggest figures in tech were doing 10 years ago.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Technology has come a long way in 10 years.
And so have the people leading the industry today.
As the decade of the 2010s comes to a close, it’s worth looking taking a look back at some of the biggest CEOs in tech today to see how far they’ve come in 10 years.
Some CEOs, like Apple’s Tim Cook, had not yet ascended to the tops of their companies yet. Cook was Apple’s chief operating officer 10 years ago under the late Steve Jobs.
Meanwhile, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg was likely enjoying a warmer public perception in 2010 — even if he was busy challenging his depiction in “The Social Network,” which was released in theaters that year.
Read on to see what 13 of the biggest names in tech were doing 10 years ago, and where they are now.