- Mark Zuckerberg had a net worth of about $68.2 billion in August 2019, making him the fifth-richest person in the world.
- His 410 million shares of Facebook stock appreciated by more than $1 billion after news of Facebook’s FTC fine broke in July.
- Zuckerberg drives an affordable car and wears basic clothes, but appears to splurge on real estate, buying houses and then buying the surrounding properties for privacy.
- Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan are generous philanthropists, investing billions in childhood education and medical research that they hope will cure all diseases in their children’s’ lifetimes.
- Here’s how Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan have spent their billions.