METRA Employment Opportunities
Metra is one of the largest and most complex commuter rail systems in North America. We are proud of our consistent on-time service and safety we provide to our customers. We owe our success to our employees who deliver exceptional service on a daily basis.
Join our team and find a career you’ll love
Metra is always looking for talented people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced industry. Our most important resource is a committed and diverse team that brings together a wealth of knowledge, skill and experience. Join the Metra team and become an important part of one of the nation’s premier commuter railroads.
For information on the duties, responsibilities and minimum acceptable qualifications, please click below
Metra’s recruitment process may include the following:
- HR staff who screens applications for completeness and minimum acceptable qualifications.
- Written and/or skills assessments.
- Completion of a medical examination, drug screening, and background investigation with results that meet Metra Standards.
Some of Metra’s benefits are listed below:
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time off.
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Railroad retirement.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Transit Benefit Program.
Metra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or any protected categories, assuming an individual can perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation. Please read Metra’s EEO Policy Statement for more information.
Metra / 547 W. Jackson Blvd. / Chicago, IL 60661