Illinois Tollway is Hiring
Roadway Maintenance District Manager $90,000.00 – $100,000.00 Annually
- A high school diploma is required with post high school courses in engineering principals and/or management skills desirable.
- Knowledge requirements for this position must be extensive in roadway maintenance with 4 to 6 years experience in Roadway Maintenance Supervisory capacity in a high-speed highway environment.
- In addition, a strong background in all aspects of snow and ice control and incident management response and techniques is required.
- Supervisory experience with multi-crew activities is also necessary.
- General familiarity with construction plan review, maintenance of traffic plans, civil engineering principles, computerized maintenance management systems, scheduling systems and Microsoft Word and Excel programs is required.
- Strong knowledge of inventory and ordering program/systems and Time Keeping programs/systems are required.
- A valid Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with endorsements of air brakes, combination vehicles and tank trucks is required.
- Must pass written exam with a 75% or higher in order to qualify for an interview.
Roadway Maintenance Manager $104,000.00 – $110,000.00 Annually
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- College level management or related course work is desirable, but not required.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of roadway maintenance principles and practices with 7-10 years progressively responsible experience in a managerial capacity over a large, decentralized maintenance operation, is required.
- A strong managerial background in all aspects of snow and ice control for a major transportation system is required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with computerized maintenance management, inventory control and work scheduling systems is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Availability to respond and work 24 x 7 x 365 when emergency conditions occur.
NEW UPDATE TO APPLICATION PROCESS:
“As of September 10, 2014, the Tollway will begin using an on-line application system to assist prospective and current employees in the job application process. This system will allow users to create an individual account, create and maintain a profile of education, experience and certifications, identify job interest categories, search for open positions, and submit job applications. This system will automatically notify users of recently posted jobs based on the job interest categories chosen.
For the employee to be notified of open positions and submit job applications, this system requires the user to have an email account. This could either be a personal account (i.e. gmail, yahoo) or getipass.com account.
To apply for a posted position or to create a “Job Interest Card,” applicants should visit the Tollway’s website, www.illinoistollway.com.
Completed applications may be mailed to the Tollway or dropped off in person at the agency’s Downers Grove headquarters between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. All applications must be received within the dates indicated on the job posting.”
The completed Illinois Tollway Employment Application can be completed on our on-line application system, which can be found at the www.illinoistollway.com under ‘Employment Opportunities’, or mailed or hand-delivered to Human Resources, 2700 Ogden Avenue, Downers Grove, IL 60515.
Please ‘click’ on the Job Titles above for more information, including additional job requirements and preferences. More information can be found at www.illinoistollway.com.
Questions and requests for accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), 42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq., and the Illinois Human Rights Act, 775 ILCS/5/1-101 et seq., should be directed to Human Resources at (630) 241-6800 ext. 2333.
Career Planning, job opportunities for veterans, job opportunities for teens, job opportunities in Chicago, find jobs in Chicago, find jobs near me, job opportunities near me
#empowercareer #empower #hiring #jobs #empowercareercon #nowhiring