Brookfield Zoo Seeking Asst. Restaurant Mgr
Brookfield Zoo is seeking a Assistant Restaurant Manager for their largest Restaurant.
Assistant Restaurant Manager, Food Service
BZ Red Hots
Walking around Brookfield Zoo can sure work up an appetite! During our busy season, BZ Red Hots, our largest on-site restaurant, is located near the Dolphinarium and is always bustling with many guests throughout the day, but especially before and after the Dolphin show. We are proud to serve a variety of high-quality, delicious summer foods – Chicago style! In addition to serving Chicago hot dogs and Italian beef, there are a variety of yummy snack foods served at the restaurant–from nachos to hot pretzels or chips. There is also an assortment of beverages to select from, including a 32 oz. souvenir cup, Miller Lite, seasonal brews, and more.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager at BZ Red Hots contributes to the success of the Chicago Zoological Society by assisting in the management of the institution’s main food service facilities, assuring exceptional food and guest service in support of the Society’s goals to provide extraordinary guest experience and to be financially sustainable.
The duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the planning and management of the facilities operations to achieve service-related and financial goals as outlined in operating plans and annual budgets.
- Assist in the management and oversight of reporting staff, including interviewing and selection, training and orientation, staff development, scheduling, performance evaluation, coaching and counseling, and recommending appropriate employment actions, including disciplinary actions, etc. Assist in the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of an effective location training program which increases both the level of service and profitability of the operation.
- Assist in the management of inventory, cash, and liquor controls and budget management in accordance with approved procedures.
- Assist management staff to direct the delivery of all products and services to the guests and to assure quality standards are consistently met. Manage the multiple stages of food delivery including receiving and storage, preparation, service, dining experience, and cleanliness.
- Assist in the coordination with Plant & Facilities for the maintenance of equipment and facilities as needed.
The requirements for this position include the following:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related field, or equivalent combination of training and/or experience required.
- Minimum of two years relevant food service, or equivalent service industry experience at a supervisory level required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain food service sanitation certificates as required by city, county, and state within one year of hire.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel skills required.
- Experience and/or ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse, multicultural audience.
- A valid driver’s license is required on date of hire. If you are an Illinois resident, you must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license at the time of hire or must obtain one within 90 days of hire. A valid out-of-state driver’s license is required at time of hire if the employee is an out-of-state resident.
The desirable qualifications include:
- Knowledge of budget process preferred.
- Multilingual ability, Spanish fluency a plus.
Additional Information: This is a full-time position, which routinely includes weekends, holidays, and occasional evening work.
The Chicago Zoological Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled.
If interested in being considered for this opportunity, please visit the CZS Career Center to obtain more details about the position and to apply by submitting your profile. Please visit our website at www.czs.org/careers. Please look for requisition number 1173BR.
Chicago Zoological Society/Brookfield Zoo
3300 Golf Road, Brookfield, IL 60513
Come join the zoo crew! The Chicago Zoological Society is currently accepting applications for temporary/seasonal positions. Call our job hotline at (708) 688-8881 or visit online at www.czs.org for information on current openings and to apply through our Career Center for open positions.
Brookfield Zoo, Career Planning,
Career Planning, job opportunities for veterans, job opportunities for teens, job opportunities in Chicago, find jobs in Chicago, find jobs near me, job opportunities near me
#empowercareer #empower #hiring #jobs #empowercareercon #youthjobs #empoweryouth #empoweryouthcon
Chicago Job Opportunities! See who is hiring! Click here for details: http://wp.me/p7L6A9-55
#hiring #empowercareer #chicagojobs #jobs
Sign up for free Job Alerts from Stan Martin & Empower Career Coaching http://eepurl.com/cbtxNn
#jobsearch #empowercareer #nowhiring #jobs