I am very excited to share with you some important Tollway positions that we are seeking to fill. The Tollway has introduced a NEW update to our application process, which you can read more about below. Please send this information to everyone you know, post it on your websites and Facebook pages, and “tweet” about it! There are lots of people who are searching for jobs who would love to know about these opportunities.
Traffic Permit Technician ($12.29 /Hour) Deadline to apply 3/20/17
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must pass a typing test with 40 WPM in order to qualify for an interview.
Utility Technician ($23.07 /Hour) Deadline to apply 3/20/17
- College degree in engineering or a high school degree and ten (10) years of experience in a construction related field.
- Prior experience evaluating design and construction schedules, costs feasibility, as well as recommendations for changes and approvals.
- Ability to read and understand engineering plans including profiles and cross-sections.
- Good composition and writing skills in order to generate concise, objective and meaningful correspondence.
- Good organizational skills to keep track of several concurrent projects.
- Ability to work independently, be assertive, be capable of controlling field inspections and enforcing the Authority’s policies and procedures.
- Education/Experience: 5+ years’ experience (including a Supervisory role) in benefits management, retirement planning, workers comp and risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of HR, Business, or other relevant field is required.
- Master’s Degree preferred. PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification preferred; CEBS Certification a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and staff and with external clients.
- Capability to effectively plan and set priorities.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously, while working under pressure to meet deadlines, while paying close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations with regards to benefits administration, including ERISA, COBRA, ACA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, DOL and other industry legislation.
- A working knowledge of health and welfare plans, with demonstrated ability to explain, apply and understand analysis techniques, benefit plan design and employee benefit laws.
- Experience designing, developing or implementing employment benefit, health, retirement and wellness programs & policies in partnership with senior management, utilizing extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Superior organizational, project/process management and technical skills as demonstrated by an ability to manage multiple detailed projects and drive towards deadlines.
- A collaborative leader who is confident and assertive in style, but respectful of others; Team-oriented with the ability to build deep relationships and earn the respect of others.
- Ability to exercise discretion and professionalism when handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
**Click the image below to be directed to the Employment page, where you can apply**
NEW UPDATE TO APPLICATION PROCESS:
As of September 10, 2014, the Tollway began using an on-line application system to assist prospective and current employees in the job application process. This system will allow users to create an individual account create and maintain a profile of education, experience and certifications, identify job interest categories, search for open positions, and submit job applications. This system will automatically notify users of recently posted jobs based on the job interest categories chosen.
For the employee to be notified of open positions and submit applications, this system requires the user to have an email account. This could be either a personal account (i.e. gmail, yahoo) or getipass.com account.
To apply for a posted position or to create a “Job Interest Card,” applicants should visit the Tollway’s website, www.illinoistollway.com.
Completed applications may be mailed to the Tollway or dropped off in person at the agency’s Downers Grove headquarters between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. All applications must be received within the dates indicated on the job posting.
Illinois Tollway Employment Applications can also be completed on our on-line application system which can be found at www.illinoistollway.com under ‘Employment Opportunities’. They can be submitted online or mailed or hand-delivered to Human Resources, 2700 Ogden Avenue, Downers Grove, IL 60515.
Please ‘click’ on the Job Titles above for more information, including additional job requirements and preferences. More information can be found atwww.illinoistollway.com.
Questions and requests for accomodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), 42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq., and the Illinois Human Rights Act, 775 ILCS 5/1-101 et seq., should be directed to Human Resources at (630) 241-6800 ext. 2333.
Thank you for helping us to publicize these important job opportunities.
Remember that you can sign up for automatic email alerts of Tollway job postings!
The Illinois Tollway is an Equal opportunity Employer.